Caves and Cliffs Part 1 (1.17 Update)

Zack

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, it's been a little bit, but 1.17 is here and I need to give you all an update on what's going on with the server.

The past few months have been difficult for me personally. Between taking care of sick family members, dealing with school, and normal everyday stuff, I honestly haven't had the time or the drive to work on Endercross much. I'm going to be frank, this will continue for a little while. That's not to say I don't have plans for the server, however before life outside of the server got crazy, all of those plans were based on what is now going to be contained in Caves and Cliffs Part 2. Some things I want to implement are still possible, and as I have more time, I'll be working on adding them, but for now, I'm just going to focus on updating to 1.17 itself.

So, on to the updates. There are a few large changes coming with 1.17 in terms of back-end stuff, like the update to Java 16 from Java 8. Depending on circumstances, this may break some of the legacy plugins I've got running on the server currently (gravestones and the billboards to name a couple), so that may cause me to need to update those by hand.

Other than that though, there aren't too many changes. A lot of plugin updates will be happening in the next couple of weeks, and my aim is to have things as stable as possible as soon as possible. As always, if you want to keep up to date on the latest news about the server, please
join the Discord. I'll be posting more in the announcements channel there than I will be here on the website.

Now, for the general FAQs:
Q: Will there be a world reset?
A: No.

Q: How long will it take to get fully updated?
A: Probably a week-two weeks at the most. Server owners have to rely on Spigot (the software we all run on) to get updated, and then once Spigot updates, then we have to wait for plugins to get updated.

Q: How will we be able to get the new materials and see the new mobs?
A: Because there will be no main world reset, you will be able to find all of those resources in the resource world once the server is updated.

I hope you all are well, and I appreciate you sticking around! More to come soon.

-Zack