Full Update to 1.16.4 and Alcohol

Zack

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since the last time I've updated you all on what's going on formally, so I thought I should do so here.

First of all, a small update on the Demolition Timer. The last post outlined the Demolition Timer being enabled, and while it is still enabled, it has been extended to a month. So, if you're inactive for a month, you'll no longer be in a town.

Second, and arguably the bigger announcement, the server now has Alcohol (hooray!). You can brew your own beverages of different strengths in your own breweries, and distribute at will. There are ill effects though, so be warned!

If you want to know how to use the brewery plugin, you can visit the official wiki. There are two pages you want to know about, the usage page, and the recipes page. If you don't want to drink beverages of the alcoholic persuasion, there are also 2 non-alcoholic options for you.

In terms of things on the horizon, we all know 1.17 is coming next year and it's seeing active development and snapshots. I think that for 1.17, we will have a map reset. What form that will take, I'm not sure. If it's possible, I'll be converting our existing world to 1.17, and you can transfer stuff from there in theory. None of this is set and stone and we'll have to see how the update actually goes, but for now, that's my preliminary plan.

I've still got stuff planned for the meantime, but I'm up against IRL responsibilities. I'll keep you all updated with things coming down the pipe though.

-Zack